Monday, October 28, 2013

I wish...

It's amazing how many ways one can finish that sentence. Hundreds of possibilities. 

I wish....

And it seems those wishes are constantly changing. Or are they? 

In high school it's i wish he would call. I wish he would hug me. I wish he would kis me.

When we get out into the big bad world it's i wish I had money. I wish I had gone to college. I wish I got paid more than minimum wage. 

And then we find that special someone and it goes back to what we wanted in high school. Wishing he would call, or txt, give you a hug or a kiss. And the big one, I wish he would ask me to marry him.

In my case, kids were next. But it wasn't just I wish we could start a family. It was also I wish we knew why we can't. And I wish we didn't have to keep waiting. Or I wish we weren't disappointed yet again this month. 

What's next on the wish list? I wish he would call. I wish he would txt me. I wish he wasn't being good. I wish he would kiss me. I wish he would hug me. I wish I went to college. I wish I had a job that paid more than minimum wage. And so on. 

Life, at least these days, seems to be like a vicious circle. How does one break this circle? Sometimes a girl, no matter how old, just doesn't know what to do.

No comments: