Monday, August 12, 2013

The end of a summer

This morning I got a txt just before 8am from a friend, so naturally I can't go back to sleep even though Jake has the girls. So as I'm laying here listening to Jake chase the girls around upstairs I started thinking about the summer. 

There have been hundreds of laughs, stress (house sales crap), tears, new words, adventures, lots of tough conversations, friends and family. I even worked out with my sister in law. 

But today is the 12th of August. How did this happen? We leave for Burlington on Thursday the 15th! That means we have been here almost 8weeks! Where has the time gone?

We have had so much fun and I can't wait to do a post with some pictures. BUT there is also so much we haven't done. I feel like i haven't been able to connect with any friends...Jess, Pansy, Melissa, Sharree, Shauna, Beth, Cassie, and the list just goes on and on. I made a new friend at Ami's wedding (Laci) but haven't been able to get together with her. We have seen family, but has it been enough to tide us over until Christmas? 

I was looking back at a post I did in June about our busy summer. I remember thinking as I was pitting pen to paper so to speak that it seemed like we had a lot of spare time even with all the events we had planned. Somehow time has gotten away from us again.

I can hear the girls upstairs (and coffee) calling my name. I better get up and moving. I'm not going to sleep these last few lake days away. 

No comments: